Burnost Fondue

If you love the taste of caramel that's not too sweet, creamy and slightly salty, I'd definitely recommend you trying Burnost. It's a traditional Norwegian cheese that looks and taste like caramel squares (see pic below). You can find it in most deli. I first discovered it through Jamie Oliver. He had a recipe in one of his shows using this cheese and it stuck to my head ever since. 

I love eating burnost just as it is but recently I found a very very (years old) burnost at the back of my fridge. It didn't look or smell bad, just very hard. I was wondering if I can make something out of it and I found this fondue recipe. 

The recipe is so simple and only requires 2 ingredients really cream and burnost. You can add a little bit of sugar and vanilla essence if you like but I don't think it's essential. It's a sweet fondue and best paired with fruits and bread. 

Below is the recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
180 g burnost 
200 ml Double cream
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 tbsp Sugar

Method: 
Warm up the cream. Add sugar, water and vanilla essence. Melt the sugar. Cut Brunost into squares and melt together with the cream. Let it cool down slightly before serving. If it is too thick, you can add more cream. Add more Brunost and/or let it boil longer to make it thicker.

Recipe taken from this website 

Comments

Popular Posts